Two suspects have been arrested.
A shooting at a mosque in Quebec City Sunday night has left 5 dead and others feared wounded. "A few dozen" people were said to be in attendance for the evening prayer at the Islamic cultural centre of Quebec where the shooting took place just after 8 PM EST.
CBC Reports that two suspects have been arrested following the attack, one of which was apprehended after a chase near l'île d'Orléans.
An anonymous witness says of the shooter: "It seemed to me that they had a Quebecois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head."
It has been reported that mainly men were in attendance at the prayer, and the witness suggested that some children were present, including "a three-year-old who was with his father."
"Why is this happening here? This is barbaric," the mosque's president, Mohamed Yangui, said of the shooting.
The Islamic cultural centre of Quebec was previously targeted by Islamophobes when a pig's head was left outside the door during Ramadan last June.
Further updates to come as information arrives.