About Iggy Azalea
As a young, blonde Australian model, Iggy Azalea was never the likeliest candidate to become a much publicized, up and coming Hip-Hop artist, but she did all the same. After moving to L.A. Iggy Azalea realized her first mixtape, "Ignorant Art," resulting in gloriously explicit tracks like "Pu$$y," which became an internet favorite.
Her notoriety increased as she entered a high-profile relationship with Asap Rocky (which would end after a year or so) and her music began to gain notice. She met a road block in the form of a label dispute with Grand Hustle Records delaying her as-of-yet-unreleased album, "The New Classic." She since signed with Mercury Records and has performed on tracks with B.o.B, Pusha-T, and Mike Posner.
Her second, most recent mixtape, Trap Gold, had its production handled by famed producer, Diplo. She made the XXL Top Freshman category in 2012, and looks forward to the upcoming release of her debut album, expected to drop in 2014. Stay tuned.
- Iggy Azalea is a Gemini.
- Like many musicians, Iggy Azalea is a high school dropout.
- Iggy Azalea's father is a comic book artist and painter.
- Iggy Azalea was included in XXL's Freshman Class of 2010.
- Igg Azalea has two siblings: a sister named Emerald and a brother named Mathias.
- Iggy Azalea's favorite color is purple.
- She is the new face of Levi jeans.
- She rejected a 1.6 million dollar dinner date with a Russian Oil Tycoon.
- She dated Asap Rocky for a time.
- She feuded with Azealia Banks.