About Machine Gun Kelly
Say what you will about him, but Machine Gun Kelly, AKA MGK, is considered one of the fastest and most versatile of contemporary spitters.
Since stepping foot in the rap game in 2006, he's released five mixtapes and two studio albums, and has already collaborated with the likes of DMX, Waka Flocka Flame, Dubo, Diddy, Sleeping With Sirens, Kid Ink, Elle Varner, Young Jeezy, Ester Dean, Lil Jon, French Montana, Red Cafe, King Los, Killa Kyleon, Juicy J, The Madden Brothers, Mike Posner, Krayzie Bone, The Kickdrums, Roscoe Dash, Lil Jon, Khil Datta, Caskey and more throughout his young career.
Most recently, he released a new mixtape titled Black Flag (after the pioneering punk band), soundtracked the trailer for the film Mandela, and wrapped up the "Raging With Reindeer II" tour. Stay tuned for the further exploits of Machine Gun Kelly.
- His moniker was directly inspired by that of the real-life George "Machine Gun Kelly" Barnes, a famous Prohibition Era gangster from Memphis, Tennessee.
- He spent the first four years of his life in Egypt, thus learning to speak Arabic before English.
- Although a Cleveland representative through and through, MGK was born in Houston, Texas.
- His parents are missionaries, if you can believe it.
- Machine Gun Kelly's home studio is known as the "Rage Cage".
- He recorded his 2010 mixtape "Lace Up" during a creatively intensive three-month period.
- MGK was the first white emcee to win a battle rap competition at Harlem's Apollo Theater.
- MGK's track "Cleveland" is played at Cleveland Cavaliers home games to this day.
- He attended Hamilton Middle School in Denver, Colorado and Shaker Heights High School in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Machine Gun Kelly is a Taurus.
- General Admission2015
- Half Naked & Almost Famous EP2012
- Lace Up2012