About Terrace Martin
One of the more notable rapper/producer combos in the hip-hop industry today is LA native Terrace Martin. He began his music career in 2004 and first caught the attention of hip-hop heads when he produced a Snoop Dogg track that dropped on Power 106. A jazz lover and talented musician, Martin has released ten projects over the course of his career, including two albums. His most recent project was his 2013 album “3ChordFold” that received great reviews from notable hip-hop publications.
Martin has collaborated with countless artists, both as a rapper and producer, including Ab-Soul, Kendrick Lamar, 9th Wonder, Robert Glasper, Snoop Dogg, Ty Dolla Sign, Wiz Khalifa, James Fauntleroy, Focus…, Problem, Musiq Soulchild, Devi Dev, Warren G, Talib Kweli, Kurupt, DJ Quik, Brandi Kane, Jay Rock, Game, and Stalley, just to name a few.
In addition to releasing his tremendous “3ChordFold” album in 2013, he produced two tracks on Kendrick Lamar’s award winning “good kid, m.A.A.d city” album. Martin has yet to announce plans for upcoming music, but keep an eye out, for he will certainly be producing tracks soon.
- He was a child music prodigy and was given a $30,000 scholarship by Jay Leno who was intrigued by the talented youngster.
- He is a staff producer for artists including Quincy Jones, Snoop Dogg, and TDE, and he regularly works with Dr. Dre.
- He toured with Puff Daddy just after finishing high school.
- He is part of the group Melrose with prominent LA underground artist Murs.
- His role models include Miles Davis, John Coltrane, and Dr. Dre.