Along with the many other big Chicago hip-hop names is the fastest rapper in the world: Twista. Known for his speedy, Chopper-style raps, Twista is literally the fastest rapper in the world according to Guinness World Records. He began his career in 1992 and has since released eight studio-albums and one EP. His four albums released from 2004-2009 all reached the top 10 of the US Billboard chart, and ‘Kamikaze’ reached the top spot, as did its’ hit single “Slow Jamz”. Over the course of his career, he has collaborated with artists such as Jamie Foxx, Kanye West, R. Kelly, Faith Evans, Trey Songz, Pitbull, Mariah Carey, Pharell, Akon, Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, Memphis Bleek, Damon Dash, Trick Daddy, Beanie Sigel, Pimp C, DJ Drama, Mike Jones, The Alchemist, DJ Khaled, Tech N9ne, Bobby V, Lil Scrappy, Jay-Z, Lil’ Kim, Too Short, Usher, Mobb Deep, Cam’ron, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Bun B, Chamillionaire, Future, Killer Mike, Joe Budden, and Lady Gaga, among others. His extensive list of collaborations echoes what Twista can do with a verse. He released the EP ‘Back to the Basics’ at the end of 2013. Expect his ninth studio-album ‘The Dark Horse’ to drop in 2014.
- He is the basis of Mr. Immortality: The Life and Times of Twista, a documentary film that details Twista’s life.
- He was given the title of fastest rapper in the world after he was able to pronounce 598 syllables in 55 seconds.
- He founded the label Get Money Gang in 2008.
- He began rapping in local open mic talent shows and signed to Loud Records as a teenager.
- He was involved in a car accident 2004, and though he avoided serious injury, his bodyguard was killed.