Who else made the cut among the top 10 richest NFL teams in terms of projected worth.
The Dallas Cowboys have the highest net worth among NFL franchises according to the annual Forbes list. The global media company unveiled the top 10 of their findings, sparing the other 20 teams any ridicule (you know who you are). To no one's surprise, the top 10 spots are occupied by teams that figure in major US markets.
The Dallas Cowboys' lofty evaluation raise the league average to $2.57 billion, exponentially higher than franchises in other sporting leagues, even as the NFL is experiencing a financial downturn. Jerry Jones deliberately turned his franchise into "America's Team" by chasing high profile free agents and embedding the team's brand story with outwardly flashy and charismatic players like Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, and Terrell Owens.
The Cowboys have earned their berth for the 12th year running. Some of those personnel decisions came at a veritable cost (on the field). The consummate businessman that is Jerry Jones bet that his team's short dynastic run would be enough to propel his ownership stake for year's to come.
The Top 10 Most Valuable Teams in the NFL
(Numerical value in Billions)
1. Dallas Cowboys - Jerry Jones (5.0)
2. New England Patriots - Robert Kraft (3.8)
3. New York Giants - John Mara, Steven Tisch (3.3)
4. Los Angeles Rams - Stanley Kroenke (3.2)
5. Washington Redskins - Daniel Snyder (3.1)
6. San Francisco 49ers - Denise DeBartolo York, John York (3.05)
7. Chicago Bears - McCaskey family (2.9)
8. New York Jets - Johnson family (2.85)
9. Houston Texans - Robert McNair (2.80)
10. Philadelphia Eagles - Jeffrey Lurie (2.75)