Are you ready to battle?
Fortnite continues to grow as the most popular game in the nation. Their growth may face a minor setback though, as other games such as Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 begin to implement the popular battle royale style gaming. Fortnite developers Epic Games did not invent the battle royale mode, but their pairing of the new deathmatch style coupled with the building techniques have become a hit.
Epic Games recently announced their in-game tournaments, which come along with the v6.10 update. Fortnite tournaments will be scheduled events that are open to all players that last several hours. The dynamics work much like a raid. Gamers must amass as many wins, or as many points, as they can. Winners will be rewarded with pins that can be used to enter more competitive competitions in the future. The tournament will include gamers across all platforms, so cross play must be enabled to join the fun.
Via Epic Games, here are the schedules or the in-game tournaments.
- Alpha Tournament (Solo)
- Dates: October 16 - October 21
- Description: Participate in the first in-game tournament, spanning across several days of daily competition!
- Beta Tournament (Duo)
- Dates: October 23 - October 25
- Description: Grab a friend and take on the world - until you are the last two left.
- Friday Night Fortnite (Squad)
- Dates: October 19 - November 30
- Description: Join your friends every Friday and kick off your weekend with some exciting Squad action.
- Salty Springs Cup (Solo)
- Dates: October 27 - October 31
- Description: One week and three attempts to prove you're the saltiest that Salty Springs has to offer.
- Tomato Temple Cup (Duo)
- Dates: October 28 - November 1
- Description: Become legends of the Tomato Temple Cup.