Bucks honoring the team's "MECCA" era of the mid-80s.
The Milwaukee Bucks pay homage to the team's "MECCA" era with new Nike City Edition uniforms to be worn for a total of 12 games during the season. The Bucks officially introduced the new uniforms today, revealing a striking yellow uniform accompanied hits of green and red as a nod to the eye-catching colorways worn during the team's glory days.
According to today's press release, "The Bucks’ 2018-19 City Edition uniform celebrates the bright colors that became synonymous with NBA basketball in Milwaukee during one of the franchise’s most successful stretches from the late-70s through the mid-80s."
Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Bucks will debut the new City Edition uniform on Monday, November 19 when they host the Denver Nuggets at Fiserv Forum. The uniforms will be worn on all remaining "Milwaukee Mondays" and on two late-season Sunday games, in addition to six times on the road.
The complete schedule for when the Bucks will wear their City Edition uniform is below:
- Monday, Nov. 19 vs. Denver
- Monday, Dec. 10 vs. Cleveland
- Monday, Dec. 17 at Detroit
- Saturday, Dec. 22 at Miami
- Monday, Jan. 7 vs. Utah
- Monday, Jan. 21 vs. Dallas
- Tuesday, Jan. 29 at Detroit
- Saturday, Feb. 2 at Washington
- Sunday, March 24 vs. Cleveland
- Monday, April 1 at Brooklyn
- Thursday, April 4 at Philadelphia
- Sunday, April 7 vs. Atlanta