Simmons & Mitchell unanimous All-Rookie First Teams selections.
The NBA has revealed the All-Rookie Team selections, which obviously includes the three Rookie of the Year finalists (determined by the top-3 vote-getters); Ben Simmons, Donovan Mitchell and Jayson Tatum.
Simmons and Mitchell, the two frontrunners for the ROY award, both received 100 out of 100 first place votes, while Tatum had 99 first place votes and one second-team selection. Mitchell led all rookies in scoring this season with 20.5 points per game, in addition to 3.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists. Simmons averaged 15.8 points, 8.1 rebounds, and 8.2 assists with 12 triple-doubles during the regular season.
The All-Rookie First team also includes Los Angeles Lakers' forward Kyle Kuzma and Lauri Markkanen of the Chicago Bulls. Kuzma had 93 first place votes whereas Markkanen had 76.
The All-Rookie Second team is as follows:
- G: Dennis Smith Jr. (Nine first-team votes; 78 second-team votes)
- G: Lonzo Ball (Seven first-team votes; 73 second-team votes)
- F: John Collins (Five first-team votes; 66 second-team votes)
- G: Bogdan Bogdanovic (Six first-team votes; 63 second-team votes)
- F: Josh Jackson (One first-team vote; 43 second-team votes)
The Rookie of the Year will be announced along with the MVP, Coach of the Year and others at the second annual NBA Awards show in Santa Monica, California, on June 25. Click here for a breakdown of the finalists for each award.