The Pitchfork Festival opens its box office, before revealing its 2019 lineup.
Quite fittingly, Pitchfork used its own public channel to announce the 2019 dates for its privately-funded music festival. The 2019 Pitchfork Festival will resume its residency on the grounds of Union Park in Chicago. Coincidentally, Pitchfork also opened its box office to those who might be interested in a range of early admission specials. Incidentally, the 2019 edition will be staged July 19 through Sunday, July 21, barring any strange occurrences.
Roger Kisby/Getty Images
Pitchfork is offering concert-goers the incentive of a reduced fare starting at $150 and $300 respectively if they hurry up and buy right NOW. Otherwise passes rise to $175 for the general admission option. There's also the pricier "Pitchfork PLUS" package that comes with all the amenities you could possibly dream of, all of which are listed below.
* Access to curated food and cocktails from a notable Chicago restaurant
* Private bars
* Air-conditioned bathrooms
* An elevated viewing platform of the Blue Stage
* Shaded seating and dining areas
* Cell-phone charging stations
* Complimentary storage lockers
* Exclusive expedited entry to the festival
* 'Come and Go' re-entry access to festival grounds
* A welcome bag with festival essentials and merchandise coupon
* Free ice cream and coffee, and more to be announced
The full schedule, in all its details, is available here. By all accounts, the early admission process might only be of interest to Pitchfork loyalists, in light of the fact the 2019 lineup is still in a phase of deployment.