About Soulja Boy
For those unaware, Soulja Boy is a successful rapper, producer, actor and businessman. He was born in Chicago, but later moved to Mississippi to pursue a hip-hop career.
In 2005, he started using the web to his advantage, posting some of his music on sites like SoundClick, YouTube and MySpace. In 2007 he released "Crank That" along with his first independent album and an online video tutorial of the official "Crank That" dance. Both the song and dance blew up, and a few months later, Soulja Boy was a household name.
By now, over 10 million people have accessed his MySpace page. In 2004, he started his own label Stacks On Deck Entertainment, and while he's signed multiple artists, he remains the only artist to release an album on the label. Stay tuned for updates on his career.
- Soulja Boy’s younger brother died in a car crash in 2011.
- In 2009, had a publicized feud with Bow Wow that involved a Lamborghini race.
- He always carries a million dollars in cash and a firearm on his person (allegedly).
- In 2008, Soulja Boy was robbed at gunpoint in his own home.
- His 2007 single "Crank That" peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Soulja Boy performed alongside Kanye West at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards.
- His father hooked him up with a recording studio when we was fourteen.
- Chris Brown was supposed to have sung the hook on his "Kiss Me Thru The Phone" single, but it fell through.
- Soulja Boy has multiple tattoos including dollar signs on his neck, playing cards on his arm and "Hustle, Sleep, Get Money" on his chest.
- Soulja Boy is a Leo.
- The DeAndre Way2010
- All Black (EP)2013
- Cuban Link (EP)2013
- Unsigned & Still Major: Da Album Before Da Album2007