2 Chainz is at the height of his fame, and with his bright clothing and affinity for gold jewelry (plus his long hair and height) the rapper doesn't really have a choice but to stick out wherever he goes. Recently the rapper performed at KMEL’s 2013 Summer Jam in the Bay Area and although everything seemed to be all good on stage, rumors have started circulating that Chainz was robbed at gunpoint and/or shot at prior to the show.

Obviously Tity Boi wasn't shot (he used Vine to prove it), however TMZ is reporting that 2 Chainz was robbed in broad daylight in San Francisco, and shot were fired at him. A San Francisco Police Department sergeant told TMZ that cops arrived at the scene after shots were fired just after 4:30 PM. Apparently when the police arrived, 2 Chainz did not want to cooperate with them, instead telling them he could handle it himself. 

TMZ reports that video surveillance shows that Chainz and fourteen of his people "ran away from the incident" like "cockroaches running from a flashlight." Apparently the Hair Weave Killa told the cops that only his wallet was stolen, and that's all that happened.

2 Chainz did retweet someone asking if he got shot, however, he didn't answer the question. No confirmation has come in from his camp about this alleged robbery, so we'll update you as more details surface.

2 Chainz recently dropped a new single titled "Feds Watching."

[Update: 2 Chainz Was Not Robbed, Police Confirm]

San Fransisco poilce have confirmed that while 2 Chainz was present at the scene of a robbery, he was not the one mugged. “He was not the victim of a robbery,” the cops revealed in a Phone Call to Radio.com, indicating that a member of the rapper's entourage was the target. “He was there, but he wasn’t the victim," they added.

As previously reported, Tity 2 Necklace was said to be walking with his posse in the 800 block of Howard Street at about 4:30 p.m., when they were approached by an armed man. While the crew scattered, one member fell in his attempt to escape harm's way, and was caught by the suspect “who robbed him of an unknown item and fled the scene.”

2 Chainz has still not yet made a direct statement on the matter.

[Update # 2: Police Confirm Rapper Was Robbed, After Previously Denying It]

The story of 2 Chainz' run-in with an armed mugger keeps changing. While initial reports suggested that the rapper had been robbed at gunpoint, police reports contradicted the claims, indicating that it was a member of Tity Boi's entourage who was targeted.

The story from the police has now changed, and points to 2 Chainz himself as the man who fell to the ground before being mugged, allegedly for his wallet and cell phone.

Regardless, both Chainz and the rest of his crew “are being very uncooperative," and no new information has been learned about the suspect.

2 Chainz spoke about the incident rather ambiguously on twitter. Read his tweets below. [via]

[Update # 3: Footage of alleged robbery surfaces.]

Although 2 Chainz has remained adamant that he was not robbed or put in jail recently, TMZ has obtained footage of the supposed robbery that took place.

See the footage below.