Whitney Cummings speaks on the sexual misconduct allegations against Chris D'Elia.
Whitney Cummings has commented on the sexual misconduct allegations against her Whitney co-star, Chris D’Elia.
Frederick M. Brown / Getty Images
“It’s taken me a couple days to process the information I have learned about Chris. I’m devastated and enraged by what I’ve read and learned. This is a pattern of predatory behavior. This abuse of power is enabled by silence. Now that I’m aware, I won’t be silent,” she wrote on Twitter on Saturday. “Girls should be able to be a fan of a comedian they admire without being a sexual target. It’s the adult’s responsibility to be an adult.”
Cummings worked with D'Elia on her show Whitney in 2011. The show ran for two seasons.
D'Elia has been accused of attempting to engage in sexual activity with underage girls by several women.
Earlier this week, D'Elia apologized for his actions, but ultimately denied the allegations to TMZ: “I know I have said and done things that might have offended people during my career, but I have never knowingly pursued any underage women at any point. All of my relationships have been both legal and consensual and I have never met or exchanged any inappropriate photos with the people who have tweeted about me. That being said, I really am truly sorry. I was a dumb guy who ABSOLUTELY let myself get caught up in my lifestyle. That’s MY fault. I own it. I’ve been reflecting on this for some time now and I promise I will continue to do better,” he said.